I was recently given the honour to share in front of my church (6 May 2018), to touch briefly on this subject that is so close to heart. I pray that you are blessed by it.
Press this Soundcloud link to listen to Audio:
Press below to view PDF:
Scripture: Acts 2:17-21 AMP
And it shall come to pass in the Last Days, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions (divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [divinely suggested] dreams.
* It’s my belief that the human condition needs regular, if not continual encounters, visitation, and communion with the Person of God.
* I never knew that this is something that I can initiate, but as we make it our dream then we are simply joining with the Dream of the Father.
* this is how it was in the Beginning – walking with God.
* Christ Jesus has restored.
In Colossians 3:1-3
If you (are of those who are) risen with Christ, (then) seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God. Set your affections (even your heart and thoughts) on things above, (and) not on things on the earth.
For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Another translation uses this phrase:
Relocate yourselves mentally!
Engage your thoughts with throne room realities where you are co-seated with Christ in the executive authority of God’s right hand. Becoming affectionately acquainted with throne room thoughts …
- We are here on earth, but whilst we are here we can ascend our affections in the High Places in Lord.
- We can set our soul and spirit even behind the Curtain and be rooted and function from here.
- This is how Jesus lived *
Scripture: John 3:13 NKJV
No man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man who is in heaven.
* Christ Jesus has given us full rights of entrance for we are in Him.
- Instead of operating only from below, on this earth, looking up in intercession for this world; the Lord desires you and I to become a people accustomed to operating in governance from Heaven Above.
- To come up with Him, where He is now, and: live, pray and minister into your world from a seated positions in Him.
Scripture: John 10:9 NKJV
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
* go in and out of where? But Heaven of course.
* what are pastures, but food for the spirit, soul, mind, and flesh that builds up and strengths.
* this food also opens you up in your Destiny as a person, and the Anointing from Above.
Scripture: John 16:14-15 AMPC
Everything that the Father has is Mine. That is what I meant when I said that He [the Spirit] will take the things that are Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit, impart) it to you.
This next Scripture:
* John, whilst he was cast on the island of Patmos, still delighted himself to physically seek the Lord.
The Wonder of seeking the manifest Presence of the Person of God:
Scripture: Revelation 1:10 AMPC
I was in the Spirit [rapt in His power] on the Lord’s Day.
* ‘Rapt’ – enraptured, entranced, ecstatic, overwhelmed, and carried away in Him.
* there is praise that we offer up, but then there is praise that comes upon you.
* there is love that you express to the Lord, but then there is Love that comes upon you from Above.
** these are platforms/stepping stones.
- So while John was ‘rapt in the Spirit’, he heard a Voice and turned to see Jesus standing right there in His Glory.
John continues in chapter 4:
Scripture: Revelation 4:1-2 NKJV
After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven … (and a Voice saying, “Come up here …
* what I wish to encourage is that there is to something else that comes in addition to or in the setting of the Presence of God.
* the Presence of God is simply the staging place.
- It is the Place of Invitation.
Scripture: Zechariah 4:6
Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, says the LORD of hosts.
* Do you realise that though Jesus was the Christ, the Messiah, and the Son of the Living God; and though He was baptised and filled with the Holy Spirit, like you and I, He still held a culture of heart to the Presence of God in the secret place in a way most foreign in contemporary church?
* What is it Jesus would clearly say: “I can do nothing, I only do what I see my Father doing, and say what I hear my Father saying”.
* And, “my Father shows me all He does”.
* another place: “don’t call me good, only God is Good.”
Scripture: Isaiah 2:2-3 NEB
It shall happen in the latter days, that the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be raised above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it.
Many peoples shall come and say, “Come, let’s go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
* you can take steps to enter the Presence of God, but allow your actual goal to be where He takes you.
* Here we are going together to the House of the Lord and God is teaching us His Ways.
* So we will Walk just like Jesus.
* And out of Zion, out of the New Jerusalem of which is in Heaven the Word Tutor and Instruct you from this Place.
Scripture: Deuteronomy 8:3 NKJV
And he humbled you, and allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna, which you knew not, neither did your fathers know; that he might make you know that man does not live by bread only, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD does man live.
* the only recorded conversation between Jesus and Satan focused on this very Scripture. This very real need of the human condition.
* There is the written Word, there is the revealed Word, and then there is the most valuable imparted Word – that speaks directly into the spirit and soul of man.
* For one Word spoken brings healing, strength, and faith: shifting your life forever.
* you can hunger for this Word, not just in cup size: but River size.
Scripture: Luke 12:37
It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them.
- To become one Anointed in the Lord, one needs first learn to be able to liberally receive from the Lord.
- In order to become one able to truly have something to give, one must be able to liberally and continually receive from the Person of God.
* in order to be one who prophesies change, you must be able to hear and see the Lord.
In 1 Peter 2:2-3
* Like infants at the breast, drink deep of God’s pure kindness’ (1 Pet. 2:2-3).
Scripture: John 17:24 NIV
Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
* if you can make this your dream, to see Jesus in His Glory, then you are simply stepping into His Dream and the Will of His own Heart.
* this dream held tight will open doors and set mysterious and wonderful connection in the Lord.
Scripture: John 14: 3-6 NIV
If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me, that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going. … “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
* why is it that the many only see this as the future, when you die?
* Heavenly places are for you to access and step into today.
* allowing the Lord to walk you around and show you of your inheritance today, even drawing from the Kingdom of Heaven today for you and your world.
- Jesus is your Saviour, and He is also the Door … but the Door to what?
* many come to the Door, but few step through.
Temple of Solomon
(A culture of seeking the Presence of the Person of God manifest)
Scripture: Hebrews 8:5 NIV
They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”
Scripture: Exodus 33:11 NIV
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.
* you are given entrance to enter the Tabernacle that is in Heaven.
* not the ‘shadow’ bot the original.
* this was only for a selected few, but now for all who love and seek the Lord.
* if you wish to be effective: one of the greatest figures of the Old Testament was Joshua, who led the Israelites into the Promised Land.
* what is it that we know of him “he did not leave the Tabernacle of God” – the place of Meeting, the Place of Communion in God.
* the Temple had four parts: the Outer is for the tourists, the Inner for the believer, the Holy Place for the Presence and encounter, and the Holy of Holies is the Glory Cloud.
(Jesus the Way):
* approach the word as knowledge and law, but then go back again, not going through the Word where it is pointing.
* approach for needs then go back to normal life, without recognising that now you can go through and seek encounter.
* approaching for forgiveness but then not going through and now seeking the Presence of the Person of God. Or the mystery of the Concealed revealed open.
Jesus says, “if you wish to be perfect then sell all you have and come follow me”. So at least start by selling your cares and set your heart upon daily encounter.
Set your heart to meet with the Person of God, and come through He who is the Door.
This is a lifestyle, not only at the point of salvation.
* Jesus has provided undeniable and perfect access to the Father.
* Total liberty to approach the Father as a fully redeemed child of God; one of His own.
* Word for knowledge and law/ word points somewhere and goes somewhere
* Lay down: sin and wrongs.
* Lay down: hurts and brokenness.
* Lay down: regrets and loss.
* Lay down: unworthiness and guilt.
* Lay down: worries and fears.
* Lay down: dreams and wishes hopes.
* Laying down: prayers and requests.
* Entrust your life in Him: now go into the Holy Place.
* so far this has been informational. But I’d like you to lead you in something here … not sure how we go …?
(seek Person of God manifest):
Scripture: John 1:18 NIV
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
(near to the Father’s heart, in the bosom of the Father, in the intimate presence of the Father. Ie: operated from this place)
Coming to learn to step through the forest, stepping through the trees of this life, into the open clearing where the Glory of the Son shines, and the Tree of Life stands.
If you suffer depression
If you have insecurities
If you wish to move forward
If you desire to be closer in the Lord
If you wish a greater Anointing
If desire to be more effective in ministry.
If you have family or someone you care about.
If you are suffering.
If you wish to be a better person.
Then take up: a culture of … seeking the Presence of God.
“The Power of God is found in the Secret Place”.
Biblical Mechanisms and principles of seeking the Presence of God:
* Simply Love on your God. – regardless session.
* ‘Mercy triumphs’ over Law.
* Grace empowers.
* ‘Enter the Gates with with thanksgiving, enter the Courts with Praise’ (Ps. 100:4)
* ‘Delight yourself in the Lord’ (Ps. 37:4).
* ‘Seek first the Kingdom of God’ (Matt. 6:33).
* ‘Praise and worship’.
* ‘Prayer and fasting’.
* Go into the ‘secret place’.
* Abide ‘under the Shadow of the Lord’.
* ‘Sit at the feet of Jesus’ (Luke 10:39).
* ‘Enter the Rest’ of the Lord (Heb. 4:3).
* ‘Be still and know the Lord’ (Ps. 46:10).
* ‘Meditate day and night on His Word’ (Ps. 1:2).
* ‘Wait upon the Lord’ (Is. 40:31).
* Repent’ ie; turn your heart, affections, thoughts unto the Lord (Col. 3:2).
* ‘Open the door’ so you can eat and drink in Him (Rev. 3:20).
* ‘Seek the Face of God’; manifest ().
* ‘Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Ways.
* ‘Go in and out and find pasture’ ().
* ‘Hunger and thirst’.
* ‘Drink deeply of the New Wine’ ().
* ‘Feast of the fatness of your house’ (Ps. 36:8-9).
* ‘Like infants at the breast, drink deep of God’s pure kindness’ (1 Pet. 2:2-3).
* ‘Bliss brimming like a river. (Is. 48:18).
It is to where the Lord desires to take you that is of value (setting your heart in the High Place that is above the High Places)
Holy of Holies
(Behind the Curtain)
* It is to where the Lord desires to take you that is of value.
* Jesus abided here whilst in ministry – ‘In Heaven’ (John 3:13).
* John was “in the Spirit” (rapt in His Power).
* Be captured in Him (raptured: enraptured, entranced, ecstatic, overwhelmed, and carried away in Him).
* Jesus dresses Himself to wait and serve you, having you ‘reclining’ and feeding you of His Heavenly Delights (Luke 12:37).
* Ascending into ‘Mountain of the House of God that is set above the mountains’ (Is. 2:2-3).
* The Fire of God.
* The River of God.
* Entering into the ‘Mysteries’ of God – made plain. (Eph. 3:8, Rom. 11:33).
* The ‘Secret’, the ‘Concealed’, and the ‘Hidden’ things revealed.
* Eyes and ears made increasingly open (John 5:37).
* Seeing ‘all that the Father does’ (John 5:20).
* Operating not from earth in intercession, but from Heaven.
* Activation of the ‘Keys of Kingdom of God’ (Matt. 16:19).
* See God face to Face (like Moses).
* Walking arm-in-arm.
* Given ‘skill to understand’ (Dan. 9:22).
* Seated on the Throne with Jesus.
* Abiding in the Glory Cloud.
* Participating in the ‘exceedingly greater than we can think or imagine’.
* Participating in what ‘no eye has seen, no ear has heart all that God has prepared’.
# The ‘earth groans in tribulation’ until the day the sons and daughters of God truly come to know who they are in Him (identity).
* Not praying from earth up, but from heaven down.
* Raised and tutored to operate from within the 3rd Heaven (over the 2nd and the 1st).
* Instructed, raised, trained, ordained, commissioned, and Anointed by God; not by man but by God.
* Coming under Authority and are given office in Heavenly Places with Angels operating under your employ.
* Prophesying no longer in part but ‘knowing perfectly’ … ‘standing within the Counsels of God’.
* A little child operating here can change the Legislation of Heaven.
* The Fire of God, the Shekinah Glory.
* Encounters, Visitations, Healing, and the burning resident Love of God.
* Transformation and transfiguration.
* Ability to call down Fire in clear demonstration of the Goodness of God.
* The written Word, the revealed Word, and now the Imparted Word. That is, the Word spoken over you by the Person of Jesus, declared openly before Heaven: a mantle of Authority given you.